In collaboration with the University of Utah Department of Emergency Pediatric Medicine students build relationship that will last a career and a lifetime. OHL has funded projects in:
1. Preventable Causes of Childhood Illness in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2. Cause and Time Relationship of Trauma Incidents in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3. All-cause Mortality of children in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
4. Identification of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in the Ethiopian Hospital Setting
5. Ethiopian Healthcare Provider HPV Initiative
Data from these studies are used in real-time to develop teaching curriculum according to World Health Organization standards.
In this program, students gain a variety of experiences including clinical rounding, attending lectures in ethics and collaboration, partnership with Ethiopian medical students, and much more. For additional information or how you can get involved, email our program director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view our promotional Ethiopia video here: OHL Ethiopia
Our Ethiopia ground-coordinator, Donny (pictured above), runs the logistics for volunteers once they step foot in Ethiopia. Donny is an expert in transportation, navigation, and tourism and helps our volunteers have not only a productive educational experience but also develop a relationship with the local culture.
You may think “but what does my actually contribution do?” Your donation is used for translation services, medical supplies, and medical/educational equipment.
Keep in mind that your donations will be used in Ethiopia. That means that everything you contribute will be transferred into Ethiopia Birr (1 USD = ~18 ETB)!